Button battery safety failures. CHOICE test labs find plenty of safety risks in everyday household items.
Industry ignores voluntary guidelines
- 10 out 17 common household products failed our button battery safety test.
- Despite two deaths and many injuries to children, product makers are largely ignoring the voluntary button battery safety code.
Button batteries are everywhere these days, powering everything from medical devices to musical birthday cards.
But there’s a price to pay for the convenience: button batteries have long been a potentially lethal threat to young children, who ingest them at an alarming rate.
Read more here.