Power board safety
Problems with power boards can arise from:
- Overloading the power board.
- Dust build up in unused points.
- Power leads becoming dislodged over time, particularly under a desk.
- Poor placement of power cables and extension chords leading to the power board.
- Inadequate ventilation of the power board preventing dissipation of heat generation.
- Heavy plug-in transformers that can “over balance” and partially unplug can result in over-heating from poor connections.
- Only using power boards with built in safety switches or circuit breakers.
- Do not overload the power board.
- Regularly check that all plugs are firmly fixed in power boards.
- Ensure adequate ventilation is provided for power boards.
- Regularly inspect power boards and leads for signs of damage and degradation.